Friday, November 1, 2019

It's Been a Minute

It's been a long time since I wrote a blog post for this site, and there's a very good reason for that. I've learned over the last year to appreciate the good days. I have lived in Western New York for a little over one year now. The winters can be harsh, that's no secret. There are some days I'm especially glad I get to write from home. But, winter only last so long.

Starting mid-May until, well, last week, I spent all my free time outside. Any chance I had, between writing to make money, cleaning the house and grocery shopping, I spent outdoors. The kids and I rode bikes, went for walks, or just sat outside. When my husband got off work in the evenings he joined us. The weather from May to October is perfection.

There's a reason if you walk around a neighborhood on a Saturday morning, everyone has their garage door open. There are street festivals, outdoor concerts, and things to do almost every night of the week. On nice days, everyone flocks outside.

So I haven't been on here because, well, I've been outside. Now, the days are about to get shorter, it's getting cold and our free time will adjust to being indoors. But that's ok because I know what's coming. I know I love snow for Christmas. I know January and February will be hard. I know March will bring spring fever and April will start to bring warmer days.

I have dreams of writing here everyday, sharing good things about where I live. I know now that I will get distracted by those good things, and that's ok, too.

In the meantime, here's a pic of what fall is like...perfection.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nothing Will Eat You Here

We were driving home from dinner in Lewiston one night when my husband decided to take a different route home. We drove past Bond Lake and o...